1./ General Information
To install this theme you must have a working version of WordPress. Please refer to WordPress documentation for further instructions. You can download the latest version of WordPress here.
2./ Technical Requirements
- WordPress 3.8 or higher
- PHP 5.3.29 or higher
- MySQL 5.0 or higher
- Apache mod_rewrite module musts be enabled
This theme is tested under Mac, Windows and Linux. Compatible Browsers: IE9+, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera
1./ Install by Uploading Zip File
If you’re already have a website or want to build website with template from zero data, you can use Theme Install package only (without sample data).
Step 1: Go to our website, login to Customer Area and download file ‘[theme-name]_wp_free.zip‘, you just unzip it and you will see two packages includes folder ‘theme install package‘ and ‘documentation.html‘ . You just click to folder ‘theme install package‘ and you will see two packages includes ‘[theme-name]-child.zip’ and ‘layerswp‘ file.
Step 2: Login to your WordPress admin page (normally it’s http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin).
Step 3: Navigate to Appearance > Themes.
Step 4: Click Add New, click to ‘Upload Theme’ and browse file ‘layerwp‘ in download package and click ‘Install Now‘. It’s just theme framework, not require to active it after installed.
Step 5: Thus, you can install child theme LT PORTFOLIO via Admin > Appearance > Theme > Install new, click to ‘Upload theme‘ and browse file ‘[theme-name]-child.zip‘.
Step 6: After finish above steps, you can Active Child theme LT PORTFOLIO to load theme style.
Now, you can start to build content for your website via Admin > Appearance > Customize. You can see details options in Layers and how to use it in part “Theme Customization” below.
2./ Install by Quickstart Package (Only PRO version can download and use this package)
* With PRO versions, you can install theme in 2 ways. You can download [theme-name]_wp_quickstart_package.zip or [theme-name]_wp.zip which you just install to get theme and sample data like our demo site, access all template features. So, you just replace demo content with your content to save development time.
2.1/ How to install theme with sample data using quickstart package that builded by Duplicator plugin.
After you buy PRO version, you can login to Customer Area and download file ‘[theme-name]_wp_quickstart_package.zip’. After downloaded, you unzip it and you will get two quickstart install files.
To better understand the process you can Install By Quickstart Package view detailed instructions install by quickstart package HOW TO INSTALL QUICKSTART PACKAGE
2.2/ How to install theme and import data like demo dummy
After you buy PRO version, you can login to Customer Area and download file ‘[theme-name]_wp.zip’. After downloaded, you unzip it and you will get two quickstart install folders. You just click to folder ‘theme install package‘ and you will see two packages includes ‘[theme-name]-child.zip’ and ‘layerswp‘ file, this folder used installing child theme. And you just click to folder ‘dummy content‘ and you will see three files includes ‘[theme-name]-export.dat’, ‘[theme-name]wordpresstheme.wordpress.xml’ and ‘[theme-name]-widgets.wie‘ file, this folder used import the dummy data.
After selecting and installing child theme you want, you will start import the dummy data. To better understand the process you can import dummy data view detailed instructions install themes and import dummy data HOW TO INSTALL THEME AND IMPORT DATA LIKE DEMO DUMMY .
By installed LayersWP, we can use LayersWP custom control panel via Admin > Appearance > Customize.
1/ Edit page layout & content
With LayersWP, you can edit layout and content by drag-drop controls.
– You just click Edit Layout > Home Page Body > Add a widget and start creating your site
– You can click to existing widgets to edit content and layout based on layout options.
– Or you can create new layout by click to button ‘Add a Widget‘.
– Right now LaywersWP support many widget controls such as ‘Call to Action’, “Carousel Content’, etc’ beside default widget in WordPress.
2/ Site Settings
A. Logo & Title
– Site title: Text logo
– Logo Image: Click change image. Choose an image from Media library or upload from your computer.
– Site Icon: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall. And click select file, select icon from Media library or upload from your computer.
– Typekit ID: Typekit includes nearly a thousand different fonts, each with a characteristic, usage and specific gravity. You can browse the complete fast to see the existing fonts, see follow this link.
– You can easily select any type google font used for Body, Headings, Buttons and click here to see this font on Google Fonts.
C. Static Front Page
– Select page that you want to use as Homepage or Post page.
– Your theme supports 5 menus. Select which menu appears in each location. You can also place menus in widget areas with the Custom Menu widget.
– Header Width: There are 2 options for header width: Boxed and Full width.
– Header Arrangement: There are 5 options for header arrangement: Logo Left, Logo Right, Logo Center Top, Logo Top, Logo Center.
* ADDITIONAL SCRIPTS
– Google Analytics ID: Enter in your Google Analytics ID to enable website traffic reporting. eg. “UA-xxxxxx-xx.
– Custom Scripts: Enter in any custom JS script to include in your site’s header. Be sure to use double quotes for strings.
– Archive Sidebar: This is side bar content for Blog Page. This option affects your category, tag, author and search pages.
– Single Post Sidebar(s) : This is side bar content for Blog details page only. This option affects your single post pages.
– There are 3 options for footer: Footer Width, Widget Areas and Copyright Text.
+ Footer Width: There are 2 options for footer width : Boxed and Full width.
+ Widget Areas: Choose how many widget areas appear in the footer.
– You can change the background color or preferences button by using the colorkit.
A. HEADER BACKGROUND: Change the header background color.
B. TITLE BACKGROUNDS: Change the title background color.
C. WIDGET & POST TITLES: Change the widget & post title color.
D. WIDGET EXCERPT: Change the widget Excerpt color.
E. BUTTON BACKGROUND: Change the button background color.
F. STORY LINK: Change the story link color.
G. POST META: Change the post meta color.
H. FOOTER BACKGROUND: Change the footer background color.
L. COMMENTS: Change the comments color.
If you want to set some animations effect for your block content, you can use this control.
– You just click AnimateKit Settings > Custom Animate Elements and click add new button to add new elements.
: You can easily select any animation
: Distance to start animation from the top window. Insert offset number in px or percentage(%).
: Select how many times animation will be repeated.
This is ‘Posts’ in WordPress and you can use it to build a blog for your page.
– Go to Posts > Add New to add new post. You can add various types of item to your post : Video, Audio, Gallery, Quote.
We’re using Contact Form 7 to build form layouts and features.
– This plugin is used to create powerful & flexible contact forms for your site.
– For more detailed information, please visit https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/
Support and Feedback
– Feedback and Suggestion for our products
– If you have any feedback or suggestions please let us know via website https://ltheme.com/support/ .