It's time to create new or re-design your websites to bring it to the next level.
If you’re working on localhost (your PC), I recommend you use XAMPP as best Apache for Joomla! CMS.
Hosting / Server
Joomla! 3 requires PHP version from 5.6.x or higher, this is the highlight for hosting compatible, for more details please read it here.
Install Quickstart Package and Active all Features (PRO)
A quick-launch Joomla! Installation package that contains all the data and extensions to replicate the live demo. You just log in to Customer Area and download Template Quickstart package, then see this blog instruction for more details on how to install Quickstart package with Akeeba Kickstart file
Install Template Package
Before installing the Free Template Package, you must make sure that you have installed Joomla. Download the latest release of Joomla 3 at http://www.joomla.org/download.html. For more information on how to install Joomla, you can refer to How To Install Joomla CMS.
Template package use for a new website that you want to build content from zero without sample data, or using for your website with existing data. For unzip it, just install it via Extension Manager (Admin > Extensions > Extension Manager, browser file and click to upload). After finish, you can go to “Extensions” / “Templates” / “Styles” / “[template_name]-default”, switch default Joomla! template to new template.
For start to build your website, you can use standard Joomla! elements such as Articles, Module, etc. Other extensions such as Page Builder, Slider, Portfolios, etc. you can see download links and documents via part Party Build-in Document.
Template Content & Styles
How to Display Main Menu
Open a new browser window and type in the URL, which will be similar to http://www.your-site-name-here.com/administrator or, if you have Joomla! installed on your local computer, http://localhost/your-folder-name-here/administrator. Here you will have to log in as an Administrator or Super Administrator.
Go to “Extensions” / “Templates” / “Styles” / “[template_name]-default”. This is where you edit template styles.
Please click tab Menu and choose Main Menu.
Click the Save or the Save & Close toolbar button to save the Main Menu. To leave without saving click the Cancel toolbar button.
Off-canvas (Mobile Menu)
Publish a module on the “offcanvas” module position. It is a built-in Joomla module position in the off-canvas sidebar.
Go to Extensions -> Modules -> New and choose the module type you want to display in the off-canvas sidebar. Type “offcanvas” as the module position name:
Click the Save or the Save & Close toolbar button to save the Module Off Canvas Menu. To leave without saving click the Cancel toolbar button.
Add Menu Items to Your Menu
To Create a New Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] → Add New Menu Item from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. For example, if a Menu is called “About Joomla”, select Menus → About Joomla → Add New Menu Item.
To Edit a Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. For example, if a Menu is called “Main Menu”, select Menus → Main Menu. Then either click the title of the menu item in the table list or select the menu item checkbox and click the “Edit” icon in the toolbar.
How to Add a New Menu
There are 2 ways to add a Menu: Within the site administration panel, select Menus from the menu bar in the upper left corner. From the drop-down list, choose the “Manage” then choose “Add New Menu”. You can also select the Menu Manager from the left column and then select “New” from the top left corner icons.
Fill in the “Title”, “Menu Type” and a “Description”:
- Title *: A proper title for the menu. This is used to identify the menu in the Menu Manager in the backend.
- Menu type *: This should be a unique identification name used by Joomla! to identify this menu. Spaces are not allowed but you may use the ‘-‘ character such as news-menu.
- Description: A description of the menu, useful for your own reference.
Click the Save or the Save & Close toolbar button to create the new menu. The Save & Close button will return you to the Menu Manager. To leave without saving click the Cancel toolbar button.
If you saved and closed, you will see your new menu in the list of Menus.
How to make menu navigation for the one-page template?
For the one-page template, all content should be placed in the single page. So, all link in navigation menu will scroll and move to target content that you defined, that’s anchor links.
A page jump is made of two parts:
- The link: this the link that you put for a menu item.
- The anchor: this is the spot where you want to jump readers to, it’s based on an ID of the content element.
Example: You want to create a new menu item called “Services” with the intro about your company, so you just create an anchor (ID) for your part in content, example:
<p id=”lt-intro”>Intro about your company</p>
So, via details of menu item “Services” in Joomla!, you just use “External URL” menu item type, and put anchor #lt-intro for “Link” attribute.
Bottom, Footer, and other modules
– How to Access?
From the main menu select “Extensions” / “Module”
– After that, click on the ‘New’ button in the toolbar to create a new Module Item, or select a Module by double clicking the Module’s Title or check the ‘check box’ and click on the ‘Edit’ button.
– You will now see a screen with a list of all of the module on your website.
– How to edit existing modules?
Bottom modules place at position ‘bottom1’, ‘bottom2’, ‘bottom3’ and ‘bottom4’, you can find it via Module Manager with ‘Select Position’.
Footer modules based on position ‘footer1’ and ‘footer2’ as well.
– How to Create New?
When creating a new Module, you will be presented with a modal popup window. Choose the module type by clicking on the module name to be taken to the ‘edit’ details screen.
– How to Edit Modules?
From this screen you can search module by Filter: Site or Administrator; Select Status, Select Position, Select Type, Select Access and Select Language. And you can edit existing modules, publish/ unpublish modules, and even delete modules should you need to.
1. Title: The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
2. Custom HTML: This module allows you to create your own HTML Module using a WYSIWYG editor.
3. Position: Click button for the drop down window to select Module position by available positions in a Template(s) installed.
4. Status: The published status of this item.
- Published: Item is visible in the front end of the site.
- Unpublished: Item will not be visible to guests in the front end of the site. It may be visible to logged in users who have edit state permission for the item.
- Archived: Item will no longer show on blog or list menu items.
- Trashed: Item is deleted from the site but still stored in the database. It can be permanently deleted from the database with the Empty Trash function in Article Manager.
5. Start Publishing: Date and time to start publishing. Use this field if you want to enter content ahead of time and then have it published automatically at a future time.
6. Finish Publishing: Date and time to finish publishing. Use this field if you want to have content automatically changed to Unpublished state at a future time (for example, when it is no longer applicable).
7. Access: Select the viewing access level for this item from the list box. The access levels will depend on the what has been set up for this site to display.
8. Language: Select the language for this item. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, keep the default of ‘All’.
9. Note: Item note. This is normally for the site administrator’s use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
MENU ASSIGNMENT TAB
– Module Assignment: Click for drop down choice of module assignment.
– All pages: Module will show on all pages in the selected module position.
– No pages: Module will not show on any pages in the selected module position.
– Only on pages selected. The module will show only on pages in the selected module position as selected by menu item type(title).
– On all pages except those selected: Module will show on all pages in the selected module position, except those selected by menu item type(title).
Additional Options, such as Basic and Advanced can be found on the specific Module Type Help screen. Please notice that installed Extensions may contain more parameters in Additional Options. Please refer to the specific Extension Module’s information provided by the Extension developer.
Third-party extension to build template content
Building content with Quix Page Builder
For Free version, you must to build content by yourself from ZERO, you can use Joomla! single article and modules in template to present for your content.
For Pro version, you can install Quickstart package, and this is a way you can edit demo content.
* We’re using Quix (Pro) include add-ons and unlimited features for page builder.
a) Edit content in Homepage: all content in ‘Home’ page based on Quix (see part “3-Party Build-in Document” to know more about this extension), so you can edit it via Admin > Quix, edit ‘Home’ page. This is very easy to edit based on drap-drop content with this extension.
b) Edit content in menu item “Pages”: all sub pages in this menu items also based on Quix content, so you can edit it via Quix like “Home” page, go to Admin > Quix, select page that you want to edit and click to edit.
Sections are used to create the top-level areas on your website. Sections are made up of rows and columns. See more about rows and elements below.
Rows sit inside of Sections, and you can place any number of rows in a section. You can add any number of columns in a row and resize the column size. Once you define a Row and created column structure, you can then place elements into the column. There is no limit to the number of elements you can put in a column.
You can add as many row with different column structure in a section. By clicking ‘Add Columns’ you will be able to choose from a selection of row types. Rows also have lots of options that you can use to customize their appearance and alter the structure of the layout. You can change row type anytime by click Change Layout icon bottom right of the row.
Columns are based on 12 grid system and you can adjust column grid by dragging the column divider icon.
Elements are the main visual block that makes up your website. Every element that Quix has can fit into any column width, and they are all full responsive in nature.
+ First step, is always this same, use ADD NEW ROW to create a new row.
+ Second step, use allows you to divide current row into columns.
+ Third step, you to insert one addon inside block from long list of available (their number depends on the version of SP Page Builder)
+ Finally Step, each column have its own options which allows you to set few typical appearance settings:
– Section Options
Every time you add a section you will need to define its properties. By clicking the section setting icon at the top right corner you will be taken to the Section Settings.
Container Mode – Container ensure proper alignment and padding of grid system.
- Stretch With Container- Section stretched to browser width and add container(fixed-width) class.
- Stretch Without Container- Section stretched to browser width and container(full-width) class.
- Add Container – Add container(fixed-width) class into the section.
- No Container – No container class added.
Background Image – If defined, this image will be used as the background for this Section. To remove a background image, simply delete the URL from the settings field.
- Image Repeat – The background-repeat property sets if/how a background image will be repeated.
- Image Position – The background-position property sets the starting position of a background image.
- Image Size – The background-size property specifies the size of the background images.
Background Color – If you would simply like to use a solid or transparent color background for your section, use the color picker to define a background color.
Parallax Effect – Enabling this option will give your background images a fixed position as you scroll. Keep in mind that when this setting is enabled, your images will scale to the browser height.
Custom Padding – Adjust padding to specific values, or leave blank to use the default padding.
Label – Help you to indentify your section in backend. Give a meaningful label so you can understand later.
Id – An automatic ID already assigned for the section. An ID can be used to create custom CSS styling, or to create links to particular sections of your page.
Class – Enter optional CSS classes to be used for this module. A CSS class can be used to create custom CSS styling. You can add multiple classes, separated with a space.
Manage the portfolio feature with Advanced Portfolio Pro
Advanced Portfolio Pro is the professional version of Advanced Portfolio. It is a Joomla! 3 extension developed by ExtStore Team, supporting users to create a neat, flexible and effective portfolio-based site. The component manages projects by tags or categories. Each project contains the short and full description, easy image management, video and metadata options optimized for SEO.
– How to add new items?
From the main menu select “Components” / “Adv Portfolio Pro” / “Projects”
– You will now see a screen with a list of all of the portfolio items on your website. From this screen you can add new items; edit any existing items, publish/ un-publish items, and even delete items should you need to.
– You have to start from adding a new tag in the component, without them you won’t be able to add new items. Add at least one new Tag. One tag can be applied to many different items across the portfolio.
Each new tag has its own name and alias. If you add one or more tags you can start adding new items.
You have to fill all fields marked with*: title, image, description, and tags.
(1) Alias – the Alias is used in creating the URL (website address) for the detail page. By default, the component will use the Title for creating the alias (with modifications) unless you type an Alias in yourself. Joomla will make the alias all lower case, replace spaces with dashes and take out any characters that can not be accepted.
(2) Image – About choosing an image for an item, you can use those which you have or upload a new one. We recommended image size: 1170px X 800px, but of course, if you only have a smaller one, you can also use them.
(3) Video URL – Portfolio items can contain not only images but also Youtube or Vimeo video clip. Just insert your video URL. Leave this field blank if a video is not required.
(4) Description – in this field you can add a description or even additional images which will be displayed on the item detail page under the main image.
(5) Tags – All items are based on Tags system, which is similar to categories. Once you get to three letters you will start to see suggested tags that already exist. The advantage of this solution is that each item can be assigned to multiple tags. Also, the same tag can be applied to many different content items across the portfolio. Tags will be used to filter portfolio items.
(6) URL – Each item can include its own link. Leave this blank if you do not want to show project URL.
(7) Status – Whether this item is published or not.
(8) Language – Items include a basic way to implement a multi-language site. All items may be associated with different languages.
Manage Slider function with Unite Revolution Slider 2
The Unite Revolution Responsive slider is an amazing layered slider for Joomla. You can design your slider with no CSS or jquery needed an come out with amazing effect.
– From the main menu select “Components” / “Unite Revolution Slider“.
– You will now see a screen with a list of all of Sliders on your website. From this screen you can add new sliders; edit any existing slider and even delete sliders should you need to.
Once you Created a Slider, you can open the Slider Settings (Settings) any time to manage any general settings per Slider.
(1) Slider Title: A Internal used Name for the Slider. Only for Backend Usage.
(2) Slider Alias: An individual name of the slider. Don’t use Speical chars and spaces here. This will be used for ShortCode embedding and for any other art for embedding and corresponding/link internal to the slider.
(3) Slider Layouts
- Fixed: A None Responsive Version of the Slider. Will have a prepared Width and height. Used for Older Themes
- Custom (it has been called “Responsive” in Earlier version): A Custom Grid system to set a size of Slider per Browser Size. You can define different Levels for sizes. Only used for Frameworks where no Fluid Widths has been used. (i.e. Skeleton)
- AutoResponsive (it has been called “Fullwidth” in earlier versions): Used for Fluid Responsive themes, where the Slider calculates its own size for every Browser size. Only max width hand height of Grid should be defined. In case the Container Width is not Boxed, it will go Fullwidth Automatically
- FullScreen: Slider will take the height of Window and center the preset Grid within. It will always try to go full height and Fullwidth if the wrapping container allows.
(4) Layers Grid Size:
– Depending on the Layout you can set the Width and Height of the Captions. The Slider will go Fullwdith or Fullwidth and Full-height in case you set AutoResponsive or FullScreen. Caption Grid will be centered always within the slider container.
– In some cases (Custom) you can set multiple Levels depending on Screen Size. This is not needed in AutoResponsive and FullScreen mode.
– The fullscreen mode allows you to set a Container (per class or ID) which heights decrease the height of the FullScreen Slider Container automatically in every responsive level.
Navigate between the Slides simple selecting The Tabs on the top. Don’t forget to Update the Slide before you leave one tab!
Each Slide has its own General Setting. You can set transitions, Local delays, thumbnails etc.
(1) Slide Title: Used only Internal Naming of the slides
(2) State: Published / Unpublished – used for Editing, modification the slide. If it is Unpublished, front-end won’t show this slide at all.
(3) Visible From/Until: If set, the Slide will only be visible between the set times. If Visible Until is not set, the Slide will be visible as soon as the Visible From date is reached. If Visible From is not set, the Slide will be visible until the Visible Until date is reached.
(4) Transitions: The Animation Style how the Slide appearance. You can select more than one from a multiple choice drop-down list. Every new loop will use another Transition if you selected more then one.
(5) The Image Source for the Main Image: A Slide can have an Image, Transparent Image, Solid Color or External Image as the Main Image. This Image is the “Main Layer” in the background which has been animated via the General Settings predefined Transitions parameter.
(6) Background Fit/Repeat/Position: With these options, the chosen background image can be adjusted.
You can choose from following layers/captions: HTML Markups, Image, Video.
(7) Text Layer, Image Layer, and Video Layer: For individual TEXT / HTML Markup Layer, Image Layer and Video Layer click on Add Layer and follow the following settings
– Style / Edit CSS
– To define a predefined Style or add your own Style use the Style Drop Down list. You can change the Styling of the captions / Layers via the Embedded CSS Editor (Edit Style).
– Use HTML5 Standard markups in case you wish to embed paragraphs, headings, buttons etc.
– The Captions have the white-space: nowrap setting default. It is important because of the transitions. Please use <br> for line breaking, or add different layers for multiple lines.
– For further styling that is not possible through Edit Style, use the Edit Global Styles and put your Styles there.
– Align & Positions
– Set the Align of the Layers / Captions. Left Top is the default. Drag and Drop move of the Layer will be based on the Align. If you set the Align to Center Center, the Drag And drop will be based on this aligned position and use an Offset.
– i.e. Center Center Offset X -21px Offset Y -46px will be used in every responsive size linear calculated. If the Screen size is scaled to 50% than the Item is still in the middle of the grid and offset is -50px -50px (linear calculated).
– Center Center snaps the Center Center of the Layer to the Center Center position of the Gird. Right Bottom snaps the Right bottom corner of the Layer to the Right Bottom corner of the Grid etc.
This is basic set up for Unite Revolution Slider 2 Extension, for more details about how to use Unite Revolution Slider 2, please go to See How to use Unite Revolution Slider 2
From the main menu select “Extensions” / “Templates” / “ltexample-Default“. This is where you edit template styles. When a template is first installed, a default style is created for it. The default style for the template will have the same name as the template with a – Default suffix.
There are 9 options for Style: Basic, Presets, Layout, Menu, Typography, Custom Code, Advanced, Blog, Assignment.
There are 8 options for Basic: HEADER, BOXED LAYOUT, LOGO, BODY BACKGROUND IMAGE, FOOTER, SOCIAL ICONS, CONTACT INFORMATION, COMING SOON.
– Header: The Header setting provides the ability to easily change the Sticky Header and Favicon of the header area.
– Boxed Layout: This feature provides the ability to easily enable boxed layout.
– Logo: The Logo setting provides the ability to easily change the Logo Type, Module Position, Image, Retina Logo and Mobile Logo.
– Body Background Image: The Body Background Image setting provides the ability to easily change Image, Repeat, Size, Attachment, and Position.
– Footer: The Footer setting provides the ability to easily change Copyright.
– Social Icons: The Social Icons setting provides the ability to easily change Icons and Module Position.
– Contact Information: The Contact Information setting provides the ability to easily change the Information and Module Position.
– Coming Soon: The Coming Soon setting provides the ability to easily change Coming Soon Title and Content.
Presets (Color Styles)
The Presets setting provides the ability to easily change Styles and Options.
We defined 4 color presets for the template, you can select an existing color you want. In case you want to make a new color for your own, just open file “preset[x].css” with “x” is a color preset number that you’re using, search for main color code and replace all to new color code.
Layout: The Layout setting provides the ability to easily change the layout template by using: Add Columns, Add Row and Settings.
Menu (Location & Style)
The Menu setting provides the ability to easily change Menu, Menu Type, Dropdown Width and Dropdown Animation.
Typography (Font & Size)
The Typography setting provides the ability to easily change Font Family, Font Weight & Style, Font Subset, Font Size and update Google Fonts List.
Advanced (Compress / Import & Export Options)
Export/Import Template Settings
With this feature, you can import and export template settings. It is also possible to export initial settings such as typography, logo, and importing available settings of the template that you want to install
Blog (Joomla! Articles)
The Blog setting provides the ability to easily change Icon Post Format, Comment Setting and Social Share.
Assignment (Page Display)
Joomla! gives you the option of switching between two or more styles on the Front-end. This is done with “Menu Assignment”, so you can set different styles for each menu or only a menu item. This allows specific “pages” that are defined by menu links to set for a “specific” style. Styles can be of different templates.
Party Build-in Document
Advanced Portfolio Pro https://extstore.com/support/documentation/components/advanced-portfolio-pro
United Revolution Slider http://www.unitecms.net/joomla-extensions/unite-revolution-slider-responsive/documentation (paid extension and it won’t include in the download package, just in Quickstart package of PRO version)
Font Awesome http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/
Bootstrap CSS http://getbootstrap.com/
Joomla! CMS http://www.joomla.org/
If you have any questions with the product before to buy, feel free to contact us via Live-Chat or Contact Form.
If you’re using Free version, copyright on footer will be shown. You can’t remove it, it’s copyright information for the template that you must to keep in order to use the template as Free license with us.
If you want to remove this copyright or replace with new content, please go with PRO version. Visit all Joomla! templates, find your template name and purchase PRO version.
After purchase PRO version, you backup your Template Settings by use export function (see screenshot below) via “Template Settings” / “Advanced“, then uninstall your current Free template.
Next, please go to Customer Area, download PRO package and unzip it, find Template Install package, reinstall it via “Extension” / “Manage” / “Install“, then activate your new PRO theme and import Template Settings to remove copyright on footer and access all pro features.
Forum & Ticket System
- Forum Support System (Pro Standard & Pro Unlimited Customer)
- Ticket Support System (Pro Unlimited Customer only)
If you want to install Quickstart package on your hosting, you can order here.
If you want to hire our developer to the custom template, you can request here.
Looking for new template for your project, and only use it for your website, ask our developer here.
Looking for a free Landing Pages template to start creating your stunning website?