How To Emergency Restoration In Akeeba Backup?
We have 6 steps to emergency restoration in Akeeba Backup:
- Step 1: Making sure it won’t get worse.
- Make a backup of the only thing separating you from complete disaster: the backup file.
- Burn it on a CD. Write it on your USB key.
- Put it on a couple of locations on your file server. Just make sure you’ll have an extra copy in case you screw up.
- Step 2: Extracting the archive.
- We have to extract the archive somewhere on your local hard drive.
- Step 3: Editing your database backup.
- Step 4: Restoring the database.
- Step 5: Upload your site’s files.
- First of all, delete the installation subdirectory from the directory you extracted the backup archive to.
- Then, using FTP – or any method you please – upload all of the files to the target server.
- Step 6: Edit configuration.php, if necessary.