It's time to create new or re-design your websites to bring it to the next level.
Joomla 3.9 Beta version has been released officially, and Joomla 3.9 Beta 3 is ready for testing!
The day September 11th is seemed to be a remarkable day to all Joomla lovers, since it is the day Joomla 3.9 Beta version released officially. As we have known, Joomla 3 is the latest major Joomla version, and Joomla 3.9 is the tenth minor release of this branch. This version is mainly concentrated on implementing GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) for Joomla site. In today article, we are going to share with you the new features and important update in this Joomla 3.9.
Newest update and features from Joomla 3.9
Joomla 3.9 has been brought to us with these new developments in order to suit our sites the best with GDPR:
- Collect registered users consent
- Provide an API for extension
- Facilitate the workflow related to requests of your user.
With the main purpose to bring to Joomla CMS a Privacy Tool Suite for facilitating your site compliance as well as make it easier for developers to have their extensions compliant with GDPR regulations and other relating laws.
Privacy Tool Suite extensions
- The Privacy System
Including capabilities and providing subsystems to help your Joomla site compliant with laws and regulations. You now can display on your forms a consent checkbox, export/remove personal data, check privacy relating to extensions capabilities.
- The Action Logging System
Offering an infrastructure for making an activity audit log which performs on a site. You can review action log, as well as export and purge the entries.
Besides, there are more new features coming with Joomla 3.9:
- You can use Google Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Provide a new search feature from backend which helps you to search for a particular article content
- From the backend, you can add notes to your articles as well as filter them
- Provide two more options for custom fields: possibility to create alternative layouts, a repeatable custom field
- Show your tags in each language
- New frontend options: Display the intro or full image in your newsflash module, show only the articles from a specific author in the latest articles module
- New options from frontend: showing full image or intro in your newsflash mobile, only displaying articles from a particular author
- Using ID to load a module into your article
- and more.
When will the stable version be released?
- Joomla 3.9 Release Candidate: October 9th
- Joomla 3.9 Stable: October 23rd
The release date can be changed due to Joomla volunteer’s availability and other situations.
Notice about this new release
Going from Joomla 3.8 to Joomla 3.9 is not a migration, it just a one-click upgrade, it will be the same with later versions of Joomla 3 series. Therefore, you should NOT upgrade any production websites to the beta version, since this beta version is only for testing purpose and it does not have any upgrade path.
That’s all of our article today. Thank you so much for reading. If you have any question, feel free to leave a comment below, or send us a message here, we will reply as soon as possible!