In the process of updating Joomla 3.x to Joomla 3.7, you may have some problems. So today we write this article to guide how to update your Joomla! system (from Joomla! 3.5) to Joomla! 3.7 without any problem.
I. Some notes before updating to Joomla! 3.7
1. Backup your all site, you can make backup via auto backup in your hosting, or other backup service.
2. If you’re using a template that is different with default Joomla! templates, then you can ask your template provider about compatible problem with Joomla! 3.7, if they have patch update, process update for your template.
* If you’re using our Joomla templates, then you can feel free to process update. All of our templates have full support for Joomla! 3.7. 😀
3. If you’re using other extensions (except default Joomla! extensions), ask your extension providers about extension support issue for Joomla! 3.7.
4. Make sure that you’re using PHP version from 5.6.x or higher.
II. Updating Joomla! 3.x to Joomla! 3.7
You can update joomla 3.7 in one of two ways below:
1. You can update Joomla 3.7 by go to Admin >> Component >> Joomla! update or click to update alert in your Joomla! panel.
2. Go to Joomla! download area then download update package for Joomla! 3.7 and install it by going to Admin >> Extensions >> Manage >> Install.
If you have with DB record problem after updating, just go to Admin >> Extensions >> Manage >> Database, click to button “Fix” to correct it.
If you see warning with custom fields (new features in Joomla!) and need to active plugins as this screenshot.
Then you can go to Plugin Manager, search for keyword ‘system – fields’ and enable it.
* Joomla! 3.7 has some changes, at least HTML for com_content, so HTML override folder in template must to update in order to use new features such as article Custom Fields. That’s why we told you about template compatible.
– If you have any problem with saving articles, or fields in Joomla! system, then check all extensions in your website, special is plugins and make sure that you do not have plugins that hook to editor or Joomla! fields via back-end.
– If you have problem with front-end display => most of problem related to template and extensions
– If you have problem with template settings => ask your template provider about new version or framework.
– If your website is broken and you can’t access => please restore your backup, make dev environment and test your update.
– If your editor stopped, let download new version of your Editor (only in case you use other editor, not default Joomla! editor TinyMCE).
In the process of updating Joomla! 3.7, if you have any problem, don’t hesitate to let us know by leaving comment. :D
- How to Add Web Push Notification to Your WordPress Site - May 22, 2022
- Fatal Error: Call to undefined function money_format() - May 20, 2022
- How to easily Redirect 404 Pages to Homepage in WordPress - May 20, 2022