Joomla is the 2nd most popular free and open-source content management system (CMS) on the Internet. Although Joomla is a fairly secure CMS, it is always at risk of being hacked or hacked. You can never prevent security breaches all the time. Therefore, the best thing you can do is implement security best methods to protect your Joomla website. One of the most effective and popular ways is to use the Joomla Security Extension. The collection below will provide with you some outstanding Security extensions for Joomla based on the reviews of Joomla users. Let’s start to explore now!
Why is the Joomla Security Extension important for your site?
Joomla Security Extension is a perfect choice to store the details of every file in a database table. In addition, this extension also protects your administrator directory with a password. Another great benefit is that it prevents your site from brute force attacks. And there are many amazing features that are waiting for you to explore.
Top Useful Joomla Security Extensions
This Joomla security extension helps in administering the website and aids in improving its security. Admin Tools is rather unique as compared to the other security extensions because it regularly provides the users with the latest updates that can help maintain the site.
- Fix your files’ and directories’ permissions
- Notify you about the new Joomla! releases
- Protect your administrator directory with a password
- Change your database prefix
- Block selected countries
- Disallow installation of extensions
- Great extension
Akeeba Backup is a free and responsive Joomla Security Extension. Its mission is creating a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server, making it ideal not only for backups but also for site transfers or even deploying sites to your clients’ servers. Moreover, it creates a full backup of your site in a single archive.
- The fastest and most reliable native PHP backup engine
- One-click backup
- Site transfer wizard. Transfer your site between servers fast and easily
- Restore with Akeeba Kickstar
- Exclude specific files, folders
- Exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Great support
Eyesite literally keeps an eye on your website to check if any files were added, deleted, or modified. Since this task is nearly impossible to execute on our own, this extension becomes a must-have for all website owners. Moreover, this Joomla Security Extension warns or informs you of potential hackers that are intruding on your site.
- Scans your directory structures
- Storing the details of every file in a database table
- Detect any files in the directory tree
- If any changes are detected, Eyesite sends you an email
- You can scan your site manually from the admin interface
- Great Joomla extension
Antivirus Website Protection by SiteGuarding is to prevent/detect and remove malicious viruses and suspicious codes. It helps you to discover backdoors, Trojans horses, worms, adware, spyware, etc. It will be especially useful for everybody who downloads templates and extensions from torrents and websites with free stuff instead of purchase the original copies from the developers
- Deep scan of every file on your website
- Daily update of the virus database
- Heuristic Logic feature
- Alerts and Notifications in the admin area and by email
- Daily cron feature
- Scanners can detect a wide list of malware types
- View Security reports online
- Easy to use
- Great extension
Security Check web firewall helps in protecting against more than 90 attack types, including SQLi, LFI, XSS, Session protection. This Joomla Security Extension is a medium protection suite.
- IPv6 supported
- Events recording, which can be viewed by admins from backend
- Redirection to a default page if an attack is detected
- Second level protection to find suspect words
- Session protection
Protect your Joomla website with our amazing bot&SPAM blocker. Don’t let hackers get your website down, prevent spam and content scraping, block all hacking attempts and boost your website performance. It is safe to says that BadBot Protection is your all-in-one website guardian.
- Prevent theft and fraud
- Prevent cyber attacks
- Optimize website for highest performance
- Reduce spam
- Easy to instal
Your admin area is the door to accessing your website, either by you or by hackers. Keeping that in mind, developers at Akeeba came up with this extension called Admin Tools Professional that’ll help you tremendously tighten the security around your admin area.
- Security tightening
- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block
- Great support
Protects you from intrusions and hacking attempts, RSFirewall! is one of the most advanced Joomla extensions out there. It has a bunch of security features. It’s backed up by a team of experts that are trained to be always up to date with the latest known vulnerabilities and security updates, making RSFirewall! the best choice in keeping your website safe.
- Block certain IPs
- Prevent brute force attacks
- Detects and deletes dangerous files that aren’t required
- Optimizes and repairs database
- Blocks selected countries from visiting your website
In short, don’t hesitate to try the collection of dominant Joomla Security Extension we suggested above. We hope that they will help you protect your Joomla site effectively. If you have any questions, let’s leave your comment below so that we will reply to you as soon as possible.
What’s more? There are numerous responsive and professional Joomla 4 Templates here. If you are interested in the templates, don’t forget to visit our site to explore them. Thanks for your reading.
- How to better reduce cart abandonment in WooCommerce with omni-channel marketing?-Growmatik - December 7, 2022
- Stripe Vs Square: Which is the best Payment Gateway? - November 30, 2022
- How to Make Your Website More Efficient - November 30, 2022