It's time to create new or re-design your websites to bring it to the next level.
Using Joomla Security Extension to protect your website from online security threats!
You all put a lot of time and effort into designing, developing a website. However, you often forget or don’t consider securing the Website. This is the reason why we bring you the collection of the best Joomla Security Extension today. Let’s discover and try them.
This Joomla security extension helps in administering the website and aids in improving its security. Admin Tools is rather unique as compared to the other security extensions because it regularly provides the users with the latest updates that can help maintain the site.
- Fix your files’ and directories’ permissions
- Notify you about the new Joomla! releases
- Protect your administrator directory with a password
- Change your database prefix
- Block selected countries
- Disallow installation of extensions
- Great extension
Akeeba Backup is a free and responsive extension. Its mission is creating a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server, making it ideal not only for backups but also for site transfers or even deploying sites to your clients’ servers. Moreover, it creates a full backup of your site in a single archive.
- The fastest and most reliable native PHP backup engine
- One-click backup
- Site transfer wizard. Transfer your site between servers fast and easily
- Restore with Akeeba Kickstar
- Exclude specific files, folders
- Exclude specific database tables or their contents
- Great support
This Joomla extension is designed to protect Joomla powered websites from being hacked. The jHackguard handles security configurations in such a way that filtering the input data of the user is done easily. It does this through the integration of PHP security settings in the system. While doing all this, it also allows administrators to carry on with their usual admin tasks without any disturbance.
- Open-source component
- Free backup
- Run by Ajax
- Can restore files without any server timeout
- Compatible with versions 2.5 or 3
Eyesite literally keeps an eye on your website to check if any files were added, deleted, or modified. Since this task is nearly impossible to execute on our own, this extension becomes a must-have for all website owners. Moreover, it warns or informs you of potential hackers that are intruding on your site.
- Scans your directory structures
- Storing the details of every file in a database table
- Detect any files in the directory tree
- If any changes are detected, Eyesite sends you an email
- You can scan your site manually from the admin interface
- Great Joomla extension
Antivirus Website Protection by SiteGuarding is to prevent/detect and remove malicious viruses and suspicious codes. It helps you to discover backdoors, Trojans horses, worms, adware, spyware, etc. It will be especially useful for everybody who downloads templates and extensions from torrents and websites with free stuff instead of purchase the original copies from the developers
- Deep scan of every file on your website
- Daily update of the virus database
- Heuristic Logic feature
- Alerts and Notifications in the admin area and by email
- Daily cron feature
- Scanners can detect a wide list of malware types
- View Security reports online
- Easy to use
- Great extension
Security Check web firewall helps in protecting against more than 90 attack types, including SQLi, LFI, XSS, Session protection. It is a medium protection suite.
- IPv6 supported
- Events recording, which can be viewed by admins from backend
- Redirection to a default page if an attack is detected
- Second level protection to find suspect words
- Session protection
Protect your Joomla website with our amazing bot&SPAM blocker. Don’t let hackers get your website down, prevent spam and content scraping, block all hacking attempts and boost your website performance. It is safe to says that BadBot Protection is your all-in-one website guardian.
- Prevent theft and fraud
- Prevent cyber attacks
- Optimize website for highest performance
- Reduce spam
- Easy to instal
Your admin area is the door to accessing your website, either by you or by hackers. Keeping that in mind, developers at Akeeba came up with this extension called Admin Tools Professional that’ll help you tremendously tighten the security around your admin area.
- Security tightening
- Restrict administrator with a secret URL parameter
- Web Application Firewall to block common exploits
- Bad word filtering
- IP Whitelisting for the administrator section
- IP Blacklisting
- Geographic block
- Great support
Although there are many Joomla security extensions available, JomDefender is definitely one of the best. It helps protect the site from hackers and has a built-in filter called corePHP which can address some of Joomla’s original weaknesses.
- Remove Joomla! PHP header
- Add a new Admin password prompt
- Allow/Deny IP addresses to the back-end/front-end of your site
- Disable plugin functionality
- Caching mechanism
- Page execution time display
- File integrity checks
- Login/Logout CSRF prevention
- Great plugin
- Easy to use
Protects you from intrusions and hacking attempts, RSFirewall! is one of the most advanced Joomla extensions out there. It has a bunch of security features. It’s backed up by a team of experts that are trained to be always up to date with the latest known vulnerabilities and security updates, making RSFirewall! the best choice in keeping your website safe.
- Block certain IPs
- Prevent brute force attacks
- Detects and deletes dangerous files that aren’t required
- Optimizes and repairs database
- Blocks selected countries from visiting your website
What do you think about this above list of Joomla Security Extension? We hope that it is useful for you to protect your site. Moreover, don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. We will answer it as soon as possible.
Besides, you can access Joomla templates to have a more attractive design for your websites.
Are you Web Freelancer or Web Design Company? Join our Club and Access our Resource!