Webp is known as an image file format generated by Google. The new format will help you with many tasks related to animation, compression (both Lossy and Lossless), and transparency as well. If you seeking a good WordPress Webp Plugin for your site, let’s start finding out the blog today as we are going to show you wonderful suggestions.
The advantages of using WordPress Webp Plugins
With the assistance of WordPress Webp Plugins, you are smoothly able to:
- Convert your image formats from Png, Jpg, or Jpeg to Webp.
- Convert and manage a large number of images into Webp format with only one click.
- Get the transparent background and animation capability support.
- Reduce the image file sizes and optimize images on your site.
- Increase the loading speed of your site and boost your site ranking on search engines.
- Improve your user experiences when they access your site.
Now, it’s time for you to dive into the collection of powerful Webp Plugins for WordPress websites.
Top WordPress Webp Plugins you shouldn’t ignore
The first WordPress Webp Plugin we would like to mention is WebP Express. This free plugin will assist you to convert your current image formats (JPG, PNG, or GIF) into Webp in an automatic way. After that, when your visitors access your site via a supported Webp browser, the WebP Express plugin will serve them images in the Webp format.
- Convert images to Webp with various methods: imagick, cwebp, vips, etc.
- Autogenerate Webp images with the help of the Webp convert library.
- Serve Webp images in multiple ways, such as routing jpeg/png images to the corresponding Webp, changing the HTML, replacing image tags with picture tags, etc.
- Free plugin
- Easy to use
- Good performance
The second WordPress Webp Plugin in the collection is Converter for Media – Optimize images | Convert WebP & AVIF. With the free version, you are able to convert your images to the Webp format in a few simple steps. If you need to convert images to the AVIF format, the pro version is available for you to do that. By using this plugin, the image size file will be reduced 50% – 60% without losing the original image quality.
- Image size will be smaller after generating Webp with one click.
- New images will be converted automatically through the Media Library.
- The plugin does not adjust the original files or change the URLs.
- It will show the Webp format for images whenever your visitors use a browser that includes Webp format support.
- Free plugin
- Straightforward to implement
- Great support
Another WordPress Webp Plugin you shouldn’t miss is Imagify – Optimize Images & Convert WebP. Thanks to this plugin, you can feel free to convert Webp format for superior image compression without any difficulties. With the free version, you will have 20MB worth of image conversion per month (about 200 images). In case you need to convert more images, the pro version should be considered.
- Optimize your images with compression and Webp conversion support.
- Enable the Create Webp versions of images option to create the Webp image versions automatically.
- Display the Webp image format with Webp-supported browsers and the original format with no-webp-supported ones.
- Assist you to generate the Webp format for not only full-sized but also thumbnail images.
- Detailed document
- Simple to use
- Nice support
Support WebP is the next WordPress Webp Plugin we would like to show you. Unlike the plugin above, Support WebP does not come with a Webp conversion function. It simply supports you to upload the Webp format image on your WordPress media library. So, this plugin may be suitable for those who just need to upload the Webp images on their site in a time-saving way.
- Upload and display Webp images on your WordPress site.
- No impact on your site loading speed.
- Free tool
- Simple and easy to use
- Compatible with all themes
Images to WebP is also a fantastic WordPress Webp Plugin that you should try for your site. With the assistance of this tool, you can automatically convert images to Webp during the uploading process. In addition, it also allows you to select the quality of converted images and bulk convert only missing images.
- Set the quality of converted images.
- Auto convert on upload.
- Bulk convert existing images to WebP.
- Original files will be not touched.
- Only convert image if WebP file size is lower than original image filesize.
- The image URL will be not changed so it works everywhere.
- Free tool
- Great support
- Various options
The next WordPress Webp Plugin in the list is ShortPixel Image Optimizer. Thanks to this plugin, you can not only convert your images to Webp format but also compress images with two types of compressions. Furthermore, this tool also enables you to use the bulk option to save your time.
- Convert any JPEG, PNG, or GIF (even animated ones!) to WebP and AVIF.
- Bulk option to convert images to WebP format.
- Include the next-generation images (WebP and AVIF) into the front-end pages by using the <picture> tag instead of <img>.
- Multiple features related to image optimization
- Helpful document
- Wonderful support
Now, let’s have a look at EWWW Image Optimizer – a freemium WordPress Webp Plugin you shouldn’t miss. In other words, this tool will give you some useful functions to help you convert Webp images in a few simple clicks. Besides the Webp conversion option, this plugin also assists you to optimize theme images and all images appearing on your site.
- Convert the current image formats to Webp quickly.
- Create both automatic WebP conversions using Easy IO or bulk optimizer.
- Work with the WebP option in the Cache Enabler plugin from KeyCDN.
- Support Apache-style rewrite rules, JS WebP Rewriting, and WebP Rewriting.
- Many advanced features
- Simple and lightweight
- Multiple language support
To sum up, it is undeniable that there are many tasks for you to optimize your site and speed it up. However, one of the most important methods you shouldn’t ignore is to optimize the images on your site. Compressing images or converting them to Webp are two good ideas for you. That is the main reason we would like to bring you the list of helpful WordPress Webp Plugins today. Besides, you can also check out WordPress Image Compression Plugins here.
We hope that you can select the most suitable Webp plugin after exploring the blog. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave your comment below. Last but not least, we are providing a lot of mobile-ready and well-performance free WordPress Themes, so don’t miss them!