If you are using the Cassiopeia template for your Joomla 4 site, did you understand all the options of the Blog Layout clearly? Or do you know how to set up the blog layout with Cassiopeia for the blog page? If not, you shouldn’t miss the blog today. We would like to bring you the way how to generate menu items for the category blog first. After that, we will explain all the options of the blog layout so that you can understand clearly. Now, let’s explore the blog!
Generating Menu Item for Category Blog
First of all, let’s create a new category for your blog. If you have already generated it, then let’s skip this step. If not, let’s follow the following steps.
In order to do this, you need to go to Content -> Categories, then click on the + New button. After that, you simply fill out the Title, the description and choose the Published Status. In addition, you can also change the alias in your own way or leave it blank so that it will be created by default.
After finishing all steps above, you need to store all your settings by pressing the Save button. So, now, a new category for your blog has been generated.
Next, you need to set up the new category you created above to become the category of the articles that has the related content.
For example, we generated the new category with the Title ‘Kinds Of Music’. After that, we open Content -> Articles and select the articles related to the music topic. Then, simply set the articles with the category Kinds Of Music.
Now, let’s move on to generating a new menu item for your category blog.
The first thing you need to do is Menus -> All Menu Items -> New. Then, you just need to enter the Title, choose the Main Menu option for the Menu section. After that, at the Menu Item Type, let’s click on the Select button.
A popup will appear for you to select. So, you need to choose Articles -> Category Blog.
Now, there will be a Choose a Category section for you to edit. Thus, simply press the Select button.
Now, let’s choose the category that you created for your blog articles. For instance, we will choose the Kinds Of Music category for this.
Don’t forget to save all your changes.
Settings in the Blog Layout with Cassiopeia
You can make the category blog clearer by setting options in the Category tab or Options tab. However, in the blog today, we would like to focus on the blog layout. Therefore, we will explain to you all the options in the Blog Layout tab.
Blog Layout Explanation
- Leading Articles: This is the place where the article will appear at the top when a visitor enters your site. If you type 0, there won’t be any article here.
- Leading Article Class: You can add your CSS classes for the leading articles. So, you can create your own CSS or utilize the available classes such as boxed, image-left, image-bottom, etc.
- Intro Articles: In this section, you can specify the number of articles that will appear below the leading articles. They can be displayed with the different numbers of columns according to our settings.
- Article Class: The same with the Leading Article Class. But the classes are used for the Intro Articles, not the Leading Articles.
- Columns: You can choose the columns for articles here. Normally, many web owners select 1,2, or 3 columns.
- Multi Column Direction: It includes the Down and Across options. You can choose the one to display the articles below the other or next to each other.
- Links: The number of links will appear in the Links area below each article.
- Featured Articles: Besides the articles, this option allows you to set the features articles to show or hide or only.
- Linked intro image: You can decide the article intro images can be linked or not.
- Include Subcategories: You can show the articles with subcategories in the blog. There will 6 options for this, so you can display from 1 to 5 levels or choose all options.
- Category Order: You are able to set the order for the category. It includes No Order, Title Alphabetical, Title Reverse Alphabetical, and Category Order.
- Article Order: By using this option, you can easily set the order for articles. It includes Featured Articles Order, Most Recent First, Oldest First, Title Alphabetical, Title Reverse Alphabetical, Author Alphabetical, Author Reverse Alphabetical, Most Hits, Least Hits, Random Order, and Article Reverse Order.
- Date for Ordering: There will be 4 options for you to select, including Created, Modified, Unpublished, and Published.
- Pagination: You can set the number of pages to be displayed in the navigation form. It is the serial number located at the bottom of the page. This should be visible because the user can press the numbers to go to another page.
- Pagination Summary: You can set up the current page number and the total number of the pages. For instance, on Page 1 of 2. It will appear at the foot of the page.
Blog Layout Examples
- Example 1: Detailed information
#Leading articles: 1, Leading Article Class: No
#Intro Articles: 4, Article Class: No
#Columns: 2, Multi Column Direction: Use Global
- Example 2: Detailed information
#Leading articles: 2, Leading Article Class: No
#Intro Articles: 3, Article Class: No
#Columns: 2, Multi Column Direction: Use Global
- Example 3: Detailed information
#Leading articles: 1, Leading Article Class: Boxed
#Intro Articles: 3, Article Class: Boxed
#Columns: 1, Multi Column Direction: Use Global
To sum up, we have already introduced to you the main information about Blog Layout with Cassiopeia in Joomla 4. Hence, we hope that the blog today will be useful for you in creating an attractive blog page. If you want to ask use more information about this topic, then don’t hesitate to leave your comment below. Furthermore, we are providing many responsive and well-organized Joomla 4 Templates, so if you want to get a suitable one, let’s visit our site.
- Web App Vs Progressive Web App: Why Are They Different - June 30, 2022
- 3CX Vs Help Scout: What are the differences - June 20, 2022
- List Of 7 Best WordPress Video Conference Plugins 2022 - June 16, 2022