In this article, I’ll guide you how to how to update on Joomla! in Akeeba.
How to update on Joomla!1.x, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.1?
- Step 1: To access the updates, you go to Components -> Akeeba Backup.
- Step 2: Click the button on the banner (where X.Y.Z is the latest version number of Akeeba Backup).
- Step 3: Click on the big, green Upgrade button to start the update process.
Note: This is the only supported method on Joomla! 1.x, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.1.
How to update on Joomla! 3.2.0 and later?
- Step 1: You click Extensions -> Manage on your Joomla! administrator.
- Step 2: Then you click the Update tab found in the left-hand sidebar. Clicking on it will get you to the Update page of Joomla! Extensions Manager.
Note: This method is only supported on Joomla! 3.2.0 and later. Don’t try to update Akeeba Backup Professional with Joomla! Extensions Update under Joomla! 1.6, 1.7, 2.5, 3.0 or 3.1: the update will fail!
Thanks for your reading. If you have any question with this blog, don’t hesitate to leave a comment. I will reply to it as soon as possible.