It's time to create new or re-design your websites to bring it to the next level.
The CLI update notification and automatic update script
Note: This feature is only available in the Professional release.
Configuring the update script
- Step 1: You go to the component’s main (control panel) page and click on the button.
- Step 2: On the new page, click on the Live Update tab. You have the following options:
- Download ID.
- Auto-update CLI settings.
- Notification frequency
- Notification time
- Email for update notifications.
Creating a CRON job for the update script
You can only use this feature if you have access to the command-line version of PHP. In order to schedule an automatic update, you will have to use the following command line to your host’s CRON interface:
Setting up a CRON job on cPanel
- Step 1: You go to your cPanel main page and choose the Advanced pane. In the Add New CRON Job box on the page which loads, enter the following information: icon from the
- Common Settings: Choose the frequency of your backup, for example once per day.
- Command: Enter your backup command.
- Step 2: You click the button to activate the CRON job.
Special considerations for HostGator
The location of the PHP CLI binary is
/usr/bin/php-cli. This means that your CRON command line should look like:
Looking for a free Landing Pages template to start creating your stunning website?