It's time to create new or re-design your websites to bring it to the next level.
In this article, I’ll introduce summary The RegEx Files and Directories Exclusion In Akeeba Backup.
Note: This feature is available only in Akeeba Backup Professional, the paid version of our component.
RegEx Files and Directories Exclusion
This page primarily consists of a grid view. Above the grid, you can find the Root Directory drop-down menu. Akeeba Backup can define filters for the site’s files or for each of the off-site directories separately.
The grid contains three columns:
- Icons column: You can perform the basic operation by clicking on this column’s icons:
- Trashcan: When you click it, the filter row will be removed.
- Pencil: When you click it, the row switches to edit mode.
- Add: Clicking this icon adds a new row at the end of the list and switches it to edit mode. You can select the type of the newly added.
- Type: The filter type defines what will happen when a directory or file matches the regex filter and can be one of:
- Exclude directory: Completely skips backing up the given subdirectory.
- Exclude file: Completely skips backing up the given file.
- Skip subdirectories: Skips backing up all the subdirectories inside the given directory.
- Skip files: Skips backing up all the files inside the given directory.
- Filter Item: This is the actual regular expression you have to write.
RegEx Files and Directories Exclusion – Edit Mode
When you click on the pencil or add icons, the respective row enters the edit mode. In this mode, the filter type becomes a drop-down list where you can select the type of this filter row.
- Diskette: When you click it, the changes will be saved.
- Cancel: When you click it, any changes will be cancelled and the row will resume its previous state.
Are you Web Freelancer or Web Design Company? Join our Club and Access our Resource!